We've all spent more time online this year, and with many people continuing to work from home and businesses closed to customers, it's essential that your website is up to date and offers the best user experience.
Has your website underperformed in 2020?
A website is at the heart of your digital marketing strategy, so a modern looking, easy to navigate, up-to-date, and responsive site is more important than ever.
If your Google Analytics report is showing high bounce rates, you've noticed a drop in enquiries and conversions, or you have poor search engine rankings, then your website isn't attracting or engaging visitors. If this is the case, it's time to review your site and make changes.
7 Simple ways to refresh your website
Your website is your company's shop window, and any shop window should be refreshed regularly.
It's recommended that you re-design your website every 2-3 years, but that rarely happens. So what can you do to attract new visitors and encourage existing customers to keep returning without going through a complete re-design?
Here are some quick and easy ways to refresh your website to stay competitive and grow your business in 2021.
1. Review your content – Make sure your content is consistent with your brand and tone of voice.
Update your page headings and use subheadings, short paragraphs, and bullet points to make pages easier to read. Replace old content, update information such as annual statistics, and check for inconsistencies, spelling, and grammatical errors.
Incorrect, poorly written, and old content can deter visitors and reduce their trust in your brand, products, and services. Your site will also fall in search engine rankings as fresh and shared content is seen as more important to users.
2. SEO – Check your keywords and phrases. Are they still relevant? Are they what your potential customers are actually searching for, or are they terms you use within your company?
3. New images – Refresh your site photography. Images have a significant impact on your site, so if your photographs are old, try adding new photography. Where possible, avoid stock images or ones used by other companies in your sector. Using the same photographs as others won't help you to stand out from the crowd.
4. About us page – Update company information such as how many years you've been in business, the number of employees, and staff profiles.
5. Blogs - Adding regular Blogs is a great way to increase your visibility, build authority and drive traffic to your website. You can show visitors that you understand their issues, are there to help them, and that you keep up to date with industry trends and best practices.
6. Case studies & testimonials – People want to read about your projects and success stories. Case studies are ideal for showing potential customers how you can help them.
Both case studies and testimonials build trust as they're third-party endorsements of your products, services, and capabilities. Always try to get approval to mention the customer by name. Too many case studies or quotes that refer to "a leading manufacturer" or "a local school" reduce the value of the story and content.
7. Review your call to actions – Make sure your CTAs are clear and visible, and that visitors know precisely what action you want them to take. Include social sharing buttons so visitors can follow and interact with you on different platforms.
Get ready to be competitive in 2021
These are some quick and simple updates to help you improve your website's performance and help with your SEO.
Refreshing your site will ensure it remains informative, attractive, and engaging; it will increase your search rankings and encourage greater interaction from customers and potential customers.
Need help with your website content, product pages, and Blogs? Get in touch; I'm here to help you.